Comradery & Backcountry with Kim Havell — Pro Skier, Guide, Writer
Sylvia connects with high school friend, Kim Havell, of Jackson Hole, Wyoming — a mountaineer, professional skier, and mom. Outside Magazine named Kim as a “Preeminent Female Ski Mountaineer of our Time” in 2012. She was listed by Backcountry Magazine as one of “37 Most Important Women in Backcountry”. She has a lineup of past and present sponsors including Salomon and Osprey.
Kim shares how she made her way in the mountain sport world, and her transition into parenthood.
- Taking risks, forging your own trail
- Building relationships and community on the fly
- Traveling the world, and lessons learned along the way
- Losing loved ones
- Experiences and adrenaline of an alpinist
- The value of “first women” accomplishments
- Becoming a mom
- The Mom Force. Continuing to find adventure as a parent
- The power of believing in yourself